CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

There is no white flag above our door......

Some of you may know that we have been trying and fighting really hard for my soon to be step son Taylor. We aren't ready to give up. We so didn't want his mom to put him on medication for ADD, but today she did it anyway. We wanted to try other avenues such as diet and different discipline actions at school and home, but tonight we have to back up and punt. We must look at our game plays and see where we can have better plays where the other team may not realize we are about to score. I am upset that she found a doctor who just wrote a prescription without any questions and sent them on their way. He told them that if it wasn't right he would be very hyper and that is how they would know if he was ADD. No counseling, no diet overview, no anything just a written fix as his mom would call it. I am upset at the school because we have been begging for follow ups about behavior and grades and we haven't gotten anything. We haven't received the first phone call, email, letter, nothing. We have sent more than 5 emails and two phones calls and we haven't gotten anything. Need I mention that Mark has requested a conference with no luck. The school called his mom and "told" on him as if he were doing something wrong. I don't understand. Please pray for this situation. I am working on what Pastor Sparks advised me to do: pray for Lynn and that family because that is all I know to do at this point. He explained that I should have done that first... He is right.

3 comments:

Sara T. said...

I am very disappointed and frustrated myself. I cannot imagine Mark's frustration at this point. I encourage you both to keep pushing and not give up. Taylor needs you to advocate for his best interest. I see children like this everyday in my own classroom and often I am left wishing for someone at home to help. I am extremely saddened by the teacher's lack of communication with Mark. Anyway, I, too, will be praying for this situation.

Di said...

I don't know how old your son is, but I can tell you that after YEARS of behavior modification finally at age 11 after much prayer we went ahead with the meds. What a world of difference.
His Dr. however did a 6 week study on him, made us attend weekly classes, and we had to provide some sort of documentation of what we had done behavior-wise before he would even consider the meds.
He actually told me I could have led the parent classes and that perhaps I had waited a bit too long to go on the meds....
He is on the lowest dose of Concerta and I have total peace with the situation now.

Stephanie said...

Diana, thanks for visiting. Send me an email. I would love to talk with you about it. He is 9 will be 10 in Jan.