CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

1st Day of School


My little angel started her new school today. I just wanted to share with you a picture of her all ready to go. Please remember that I don't normally take her to school, so taking her is always a bit challenging for me. Addy now looks to me for comfort and protection. I know she always has, but now she is verbal and expresses that need for me. The look on her face this morning as if I were leaving her in a lion den as I went for the door. I couldn't do it. I had to pick her up and love her and tell her it would be fine and that mommy had to work late and wouldn't even be able to come and rescue her from the lion den. WOW!! My heart broke into so many pieces. What in the world would she do without Ary, how would her new teacher feel about her very vocal little self, Kendra and Natasha knew that she was very active and maybe Miss Ashley and Miss Gigi would get mad at her and maybe she wouldn't make any friends and my angel would have to play all by herself all day long. I made it 1/2 way down 85 and I called Mark. You know I fell in love with him all over again. He has a way of doing that. He didn't laugh or tell me how stupid it was that I was hysterically crying driving down 85 about Addison going to a new school. He never said that I have been leaving her all day with others for almost two years and that everyday she returns to me in the same "perfect" sweet condition she left in. He simply said "she will be fine". He gave me more encouraging words that a mom needed to hear from only another that loves the same sweet baby as much as she does. He talked me all the way through that drive and to be honest had he not answered or even have acted as if my feelings were silly I probably would have turned that car around and went back to either sit in the parking lot and cry until I convinced myself that she was fine or go in and get her. Maybe I am just overly emotional today and maybe it hit me because she had to be a big girl and carry a lunch box and she went without a diaper bag. I am not sure, but it NEVER hurts to have a man in your life who gets behind you and gives you that push that you need so bad on days like today. That being said:

Mark I love you and I appreciate your encouragement this morning and I hope that you prepare yourself for the next firsts. I don't know whether that will be school or dance or cheer or whatever it may be. I am looking forward to you always giving me that hug in the parking lot and telling me that our sweet angel will be fine and knowing that you mean it. THANKS in so many ways.

By the way, Yes I did call the school and it is the only way that I made it through the rest of the day. They were VERY nice and even went down to her room to see how she was doing right then. I didn't ask them to do that.

3 comments:

Sara T. said...

Well that just made me cry. It is so wonderful that you have found someone to love and support you no matter what. I am so happy for you and I welcome Mark into our family!

Amanda-The Family News! said...

How sweet of a post!!

I hope Addy had a better morning today! When I dropped Avery off they were telling me that he was asking for Addy yesterday. Stephanie (who brings lunch around) said that they always stood at the door together saying "hey baby"...she said that yesterday Avery stood there and just said 'hey'.
We will get them together soon!!!

The Sparks said...

I believe you will love Covenant. I have always been happy with the teachers and my girls have always had fun.

Maybe we will see you around.