CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 20, 2007

Past Weekend

Mark went to his mom's house on Saturday to meet with everyone and go through some of her stuff. I must say that I was so excited when he brought home a very old cookbook and some of her recipes. I was like a little kid. I can't wait to take all of her recipes and make a book from them to have to give to Addison when she gets married. He brought several things home that I will treasure in our house. He brought Addy a china doll that is still in the box, a couple of necklaces, and her pearls. When I saw the pearls all I could think was how honored I would feel to wear those when we get married. (I hope to start planning our wedding next year) and then to be able to pass those down to our daughter when she gets older. He also brought me a little book on trials. I must tell you that lately God is speaking to me in heavy ways. I couldn't believe that Mark brought that book home and then in church on Sunday Pastor Hub was speaking on trials that God gives to us and how we need to find the joy and wisdom that He has shared with us through those trials. If we don't learn to get through them we can't make it through to the next step in our journies. How true that is.

Addison pulled up on Mark's leg for the first time yesterday and stood up. She was confused and I, of course, was excited. I am starting the birthday invitation and party checklist this week. Wow, so much to do, but I want to get started because I start class on Monday August 27. Her party will be at Lake Bowen Park on September 29. I have to coordinate with my sister though, because we are going to share the day for all of the kids. If you haven't had a chance to meet her wonderful kids this will be the perfect time. Sam and Sophie are two of the most gorgeous, funny, and smart kids that I know. I have already told Sara that I will pay well for her to teach my baby girl.

Please say a special prayer for Sara, my sister, as today she was returning back to Hendrix Elementary to educate more children. We certainly need wonderful teachers in the public school system, and she is WONDERFUL. We have joked about her "teacher voice", but I am sure she had to use it today. Also, please say a special prayer for Ashley Ford as she started her first day back to teaching at Wellford Elementary-where Taylor goes to school. She had been teaching 3rd grade and I was hoping Taylor would get her, but she has gone to teaching 2nd grade and was very nervous about it.

We didn't purchase the CR-V, they couldn't do what I wanted to do so we left and kept the VW. I have had to call the shop again this morning because on our way home yesterday the check engine light came back one. UGHH!! Please say a prayer that God will give me the wisdom to do what is in His will and not just what I might want.

Mark and I are going to meet with the surgeon tomorrow and see what they have to say about his hernia. I will post on that tomorrow. Please pray that everything goes okay-he is really worried.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how God can coordinate even little things (like sending a book and then a sermon) to get a message to you. You and Mark have had your share of trials lately so I'm glad you are so open minded about what they can do for you. Thank you for your prayers...they were definitely needed!