CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Nothing seems to amaze me anymore!!!!!!

Well let me start out by saying I am not whining and am doing much better about the situation now that I got to sleep on it. That may not be the case in a little while. Some of you may know that the Honda wouldn't start for me on Monday so I had to leave the car at work and a gentleman called his son who is a mechanic and he was going to come look at it on Tuesday. Mom nicely came to our rescue again and let us borrow a car and I drove the Volkswagon to work. Well the mechanic came and looked at the Honda and thought that the timing belt might be broken, but was going to have it towed to his shop. I paid him $50 to have it towed and off to get Addison I went. Low and behold I got right past the Duncan exit traveling at the mere speed of 80 and the gas was suddenly not doing it's job. I am in the fast lane and the car just dies. No anything. "WHAT" I immediately started crying like a baby and got over to the emergency lane. I was already on the phone (I know I shouldn't have been-it just helps time go by faster on the drive home) so Mark was on his way. I sat on the side of 85 terrified that one of the thousands of trucks blowing by me would not realize I was there and plow into me. I crawled across the seat and sat on the passenger side until Mark got there. Anyway, you will never believe--the timing belt broke. I have already heard the stories that if it did any motor damage we will have to buy a new motor. GREAT just GREAT!!!! While we are hanging out partying on the side of 85 with tears and lots of traffic the man that came to fix the Honda calls and says he couldn't get the car off of his mind so he went back to my work and put a relay switch in the car and it was running great. It wasn't the timing belt after all. WHEW!!! I told him that it was great news considering I was on the side of the highway waiting to have the other car towed. God is looking out for me. Anyway, currently the Volkswagon is waiting to have an estimate on the damage that it has from the timing belt. I have set a limit though and won't pay more to have it fixed than I owe. That is crazy. I wish that insurance would help out in a time like this. Keep praying for us. It was a long frustrating night to say the least.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have been hysterical! I am so sorry that you guys are having so much stuff happening all at once. I hope things calm down for you. I'm really glad you are safe!

Anonymous said...

I hope eveything is going better today. Surely it has to be. Like I told you last night at least you can laugh about it now. (everything except how much it will cost you to have it fixed).