CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 14, 2008

PRAYER REQUEST

I come to you with a heavy heart and sad thoughts. Today was a tough day at work. I arrived on time and with no thoughts of anything bad until we noticed extra security guards and the mood was just not right. My two good friends that started the same day that I did almost 6 years ago, and I went to lunch today. After lunch Connie and I began working on the hard close review books for corporate next week and one of those ladies (Pattie) came to us and said it's me. She had been disabled from her computer and no one had even spoken to her about what was going to happen. Now call me old fashion or whatever, but I wish that someone would have talked to her before cutting of her access to her workstation. I know that it is never a good time for this to happen and I know the shape the economy is in, but this hit so close to home. I am sad for her tonight and her whole family. She lost a loved one last week and now this. She has gone through so much this past year that I know she will overcome this too. She was smiling when I left and said "where God closes one door he opens another". There were a bunch of people that this happened to today at our office and other locations for Hubbell and I just ask that you pray for these people and their families. This is not the time of year or a good time in the economy for anyone to get laid off. My heart aches for Pattie and these others.

1 comments:

Becky said...

Oh that is just awful. They could have at least respected her enough to let her clean out her own computer. How sad.